Author Topic: 02/03 Headlight Removal  (Read 2054 times)

Werd The Barbarrian

02/03 Headlight Removal
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:58:34 pm »
upon searching NASIOC and Scoobymods and came up empty handed i decided to write my own Headlight removal how to because i just did it.

Tools Required:

Flat head screw driver ( i knew these were good for something )
10mm socket
Possibly an extension
Ratchet

Step 1: The Grill will pop out with 4 clips on the top and then one on each side at the bottom corners , Gently push the clip down so it will release the grill with the flat head screwdriver and pull the grill towards the front of the car

Step 2: The trim pieces at the side of the grill are held in with 3 plastic push in rivet things , 2 in plain sight at the top and one only visible when the grill is removed, and one metal clip. With your flat head pry , gently again , the center of the rivets up so you can remove it. Once al three are removed pull the trim piece forward and it will come out.

Step 3: Unhook your headlight , and turn signal light at the back of the headlight , These are just your standard connectors.

Step 4: There are 3 bolts holding the headlight itself in , 2 behind the trim you just removed and one just infront of the fender bolts. These are 10mm bolts.

Step 5: The Headlight is still held in by a push-pin type fastener , If you keep steady pressure on the headlight from the back it will simply pop out.

Install is the reverse of removal.

Werd The Barbarrian

Re: 02/03 Headlight Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:26:40 pm »
Did you write this? , it seems to be just like the one i wrote on ASC?

Offline pinkrobe

• Patchy Faced
  • Hung over
  • Ride: Dirty GR, Filthy Bugeye
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:33:31 pm »
Quote from: "Werd The Barbarrian"
It's really surreal, but yeah, it looks awfully familiar...  

Mods, as a suggestion, you may want to give credit to the original authors when re-posting content.  Justsayinknowwhatimsayin?

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:45:23 pm »
Quote from: "pinkrobe"
Quote from: "Werd The Barbarrian"
It's really surreal, but yeah, it looks awfully familiar...  

Mods, as a suggestion, you may want to give credit to the original authors when re-posting content.  Justsayinknowwhatimsayin?

I'm trying to fix the "poster" as I notice it... but we saved the information before you guys registered. ;)