Author Topic: CNC HEAD PORTING  (Read 2781 times)

Offline LIGHTSPD

• Beards Comin in Nice
    • http://www.Lightspeedinnovations.com
CNC HEAD PORTING
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:53:41 am »
LIGHTSPEED has just finished the complete redesign of the ports on the cylinder heads of the 2004-2012 Subaru STI for more information see our website. We are offering CNC porting services to our cylinder heads. We can use new castings or your original ones

http://www.lightspeedinnovations.com/userContent.aspx?id=9

LIGHTSPEED INNOVATIONS INNOVATION NOT IMITATION

2009 STI 13.2 @105 mph stock intake-stock exhaust-stock turbo
COBB PROTUNING-CUSTOM BUILDS-BALANCED & BLUEPRINTED MOTORS-AWD DYNOTUNING-WHITELINE WAREHOUSE-FULL AFTERMARKET PARTS
WWW.LIGHTSPEEDINNOVATIONS.COM            RED DEER, ALBERTA,         403-346-7960

Offline schizoSTI

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 08 STI
Re: CNC HEAD PORTING
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:44:39 am »
I would like to add, as the purchaser of the second set of heads to go through Lightspeed's PNP process, that these heads look freaking amazing!

Badass, would be another word to describe these heads.

I am so close to putting my engine back in the car and look forward to seeing these heads in action on the dyno.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:40:26 am »
what are your prices and are you doing stages or only have 1 profile right now?

Offline LIGHTSPD

• Beards Comin in Nice
    • http://www.Lightspeedinnovations.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:02:12 am »
There is only really two ways to effectively port these heads. We spent a lot of time optimizing flow and velocity. If you drop the velocity and go for flow you have an extremely high rpm engine that is inefficient down low and has no torque. We have kept the percentage of port flow to port to low 70percent per cylinder for our street track prep cars. If you want a race version we will go higher but the head will be inefficient down low and although i have heard well my turbo doesn't spool to x rpm if you go larger it will be even later so good for drag-race only in which case we will map to your cam profile etc. I have the preferred way of doing this but give me a call or PM me a contact number and I will give you a ring and discuss various options. This program has been in the works for along time and we just released. I am confident we have the most optimized port out there period. We have also spent an incredible amount of time mapping and digitizing so we can change things for "people who know more and read things" however I would not recommend it. These heads have been through 3 professional porters to come with the final design combined experience of over 90 plus years of racing engines. This is a many many  month project. I did a break-in tune the other day on a set and I noticed immediately a huge almost massive change in behavior of the engine for the good. As for stages that is just a polite way way to say we have really good and will sell you crap levels up to our really good just so we can take your money. We will sell in various stages of completion if you want porting no valves installed, valves installed but shimming not done for your cams, complete bolt on etc. We will also use your cores so as to save you huge core costs.
LIGHTSPEED INNOVATIONS INNOVATION NOT IMITATION

2009 STI 13.2 @105 mph stock intake-stock exhaust-stock turbo
COBB PROTUNING-CUSTOM BUILDS-BALANCED & BLUEPRINTED MOTORS-AWD DYNOTUNING-WHITELINE WAREHOUSE-FULL AFTERMARKET PARTS
WWW.LIGHTSPEEDINNOVATIONS.COM            RED DEER, ALBERTA,         403-346-7960