Author Topic: Warning?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline RallyX

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 05 STI, 98 Forester S/tb
Warning?
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:10:37 pm »
I got a warning for an improper post on a FS thread.  Am I on a blacklist now, how many warnings till I get banned?

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
Re: Warning?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:41:24 pm »
That's right, young man, this is going on your "permanent record"!   :sarcasm:

It was points, and an associated warning, for chatter in a FS thread with "good luck with your sale" and an unrelated anecdote about your own vehicle.

We don't have set "x warnings until someone finds their posting abilities curtailed", everything is evaluated on a particular case.

If you were someone who posted street racing kill stories, your first warning would've been your last and it would have only slightly preceeded your ban.
If you're someone who gets chatty in FS threads, you get a warning to knock it off and no other changes to your posting ability.

Offline RallyX

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:08 pm »
LOL just wondering if there was some fixed criteria around the warnings

Offline RallyX

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:46:57 am »
Can someone clarify the points system?  I realize I screwed up, no problem, I'd just like to know how many points I've got and when I'm back to a clean slate.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:51 am »
Can someone clarify the points system?

We don't have set "x warnings until someone finds their posting abilities curtailed", everything is evaluated on a particular case.

If you were someone who posted street racing kill stories, your first warning would've been your last and it would have only slightly preceeded your ban.
If you're someone who gets chatty in FS threads, you get a warning to knock it off and no other changes to your posting ability.

If it helps you sleep better your account can receive up to 100 points in total.
>=30 points and you'll be "moderated" and unable to post without a mod approving it.
>=60 points and you'll be unable to post at all.  (I'm unsure how you'd ever reach that while the mods are having to read & either approve or deny all your postings.)

The points are given in 5 point chunks.
Beyond that it's entirely at mod/admin discretion.

Posting GLWS or the first time you naively copy/paste your kijiji ad (with no pics) to WSC you'll get a small amount.
Once you've ignored the points/warnings a couple times and re-posted the same copy/paste if your pictureless kijiji ad you'll probably have accrued enough points to get moderated.
Posting a kill story or other street-racing stuff would usually get you 25+ points or more.  We're pretty clear that when it comes to street racing you get _At most_ one warning.

I realize I screwed up, no problem, I'd just like to know how many points I've got and when I'm back to a clean slate.

Also, no, the points are not configured to automatically decrease over time but they also don't affect your ability to post.  But you also never go back to having a "clean slate" otherwise there'd be no point in giving people warnings if they could just wait long enough & then make the "first mistake" again.

Offline RallyX

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:03:24 am »
Alright thank you