Author Topic: Polls: Unable to Remove, Reopen, or Change Original Options  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Polls: Unable to Remove, Reopen, or Change Original Options
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:56 pm »
So I decided to make a poll on my build thread awhile back when I was deciding on a clutch and the whole situation with the tranny shop. The poll has since closed and locked itself and I am unable to reopen it, or change the original options. I can however change the poll title, and add new options, and zero out the votes. Not really a great setup for ongoing threads such as build threads etc.

I guess the question is, what gives? Is this software limitation? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Or is there a reason as to why it has been set up like this.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
Re: Polls: Unable to Remove, Reopen, or Change Original Options
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:44:38 pm »
Not a clue, but feel to PM me if you want me to flex some mod muscles at it.

I can, likely, remove the poll so you can add another one & if not it appears I _can_ edit all the options on it.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »
Will do once I decide what I want for a poll next.

Have you tried editing the options and then saving it? It looked like I could to me, but when I save it it keeps the originals and adds the new/changed options at the end of the poll as additions. Feel free to play around with my poll since its already been wiped and its where I'm running into this issue.

I just figured I'd ask because it seems like unnecessary trouble for you guys if I have to ask a mod to delete it whenever I want to modify the poll or add a new one. I suppose maybe its just not an issue that is run into very often, or perhaps maybe its more so when people realize they can't delete or modify it and don't bother perusing a solution and just leave it be.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:04:05 pm »
No, I didn't edit anything on your poll, yet... I only poked around to verify it would _let_ me.

But, I did find the option for "allow users to remove their own polls", so let me know if that works for you now (or once you decide what you're polling us on next).

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:08:53 pm »
Gave it a shot, worked fine, made another test poll, and deleted it to double check. Looks like everything works fine now. Thanks Grant.