Author Topic: 08 fsxt, anyone have insight on the cobb stage 2 acn ots map?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline d2tharoc

• Stubbly Faced
  • 5MT is my anti-theft device
  • Ride: 08 FXTS CA
Looking to do the dp this summer, however i never really got the stage 1 acn ots map to work well, not sure if its the elevation and dryness up here. Curious if the stage 2 map is more stable and what anyone here is western CA has experienced for SG XT's. Yes I have been up up down and through subaruforester.org, and other than wastegate flutter havent seen much. Any anecdotes are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
King lift springs, KYB Excel G's, 225/65/17 Geolandar ATS, Perrin whisper CBE, Primitive Racing front & rear skids, Cobb Stage 1 93, Whiteline subframe bolts, Rhino cargo rack & full size spare, full LED swap.

Offline SpdDmn

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
Re: 08 fsxt, anyone have insight on the cobb stage 2 acn ots map?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:37 am »
I ran the Stage 2 map for a short while (~2 weeks) until I could get in for a protune with Sunny (Airboy here in Calgary). I ran Husky94 exclusively and didn't notice any issues, no hesitations or wastegate flutter (although I was on a VF34 turbo not the stock TD04). The Cobb OTS maps are pretty rich.

Do you have an air-fuel gauge? You could also log A/F on your AP and see if it's pulling any degrees of timing. Also, your SG9 will be similar to an 04-07 STi, so there might be more info on NASIOC regarding Cobb Stg2 maps in mountain regions. If you're on the stock turbo, I would expect fewer issues with leaning out, as the stock FXT injectors flow enough fuel to support the larger VF STi turbos.
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
Re: 08 fsxt, anyone have insight on the cobb stage 2 acn ots map?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:34:07 pm »
What aspect of the Stage 1 map did you notice issues with?
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.