Author Topic: Crossout  (Read 1288 times)

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
Crossout
« on: June 20, 2017, 01:04:38 pm »
I downloaded this a couple weeks back and have to say I am really enjoying it.  It's free on PSN and not really a pay to win type of game.  The apocalyptic feel of Mad Max mixed with building my own rigs and a marketplace to make money in.  I can see myself addicted. 

Anyone else playing?

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Jack of some trades, master of none
  • Ride: 13 WRX Hatch
Re: Crossout
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:08:31 pm »
Just watched some gameplay online. I think I'll download it tonight.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:58:57 am »
I played for a few hours last night. Quite fun. I need to learn how to drive in a straight line though.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:54:24 am »
I played for a few hours last night. Quite fun. I need to learn how to drive in a straight line though.

The steering is a bit twitchy for sure, and I was never fond of using a joystick controller for any type of driving game.  One of the tips I've learned for the building of a rig is to use at least six wheels.  This will help with the control of the vehicle. 

I'm only at level 11 currently and have been learning to make things in the workshop to make the cash I want for better items.  I dig the driving carmageddon play,  mixed with a healthy dose of fabricating and marketplace options. 

For a free game...  I am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:01:57 am »
The steering is a bit twitchy for sure, and I was never fond of using a joystick controller for any type of driving game.  One of the tips I've learned for the building of a rig is to use at least six wheels.  This will help with the control of the vehicle. 
I have found 6 wheels is good for longevity too as one of the wheels is almost always the first thing to be destroyed.

I'm only at level 11 currently and have been learning to make things in the workshop to make the cash I want for better items.  I dig the driving carmageddon play,  mixed with a healthy dose of fabricating and marketplace options. 
I haven't figured out the workshop very well nor the marketplace. Still having quite a bit of fun and it's nice that the matches are only a few minutes long so the time commitment isn't a deterrent.

For a free game...  I am thoroughly enjoying it. 
+1

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 10:34:45 am »
Get a gas tank and fit it into the main chassis as soon as you can.  I use the gas tank and a weapon cooler as part of the chassis and plunk the cab on top.   If the gas tank blows,  it will take out your whole rig when it does so keep it well hidden.  The gas tank makes money for you buy keeping gas every time you survive a battle.  You can sell the gas on the market. 

Wait for raids until you have the parts for a fast vehicle that you save as part of your line up.  The first raid should be treated as a race essentially.  Try not to engage the enemy and just get to the nav point to cap the cargo and get back.  Lots of speed needed here.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 10:41:28 am »
Get a gas tank and fit it into the main chassis as soon as you can.  I use the gas tank and a weapon cooler as part of the chassis and plunk the cab on top.   If the gas tank blows,  it will take out your whole rig when it does so keep it well hidden.  The gas tank makes money for you buy keeping gas every time you survive a battle.  You can sell the gas on the market. 

Wait for raids until you have the parts for a fast vehicle that you save as part of your line up.  The first raid should be treated as a race essentially.  Try not to engage the enemy and just get to the nav point to cap the cargo and get back.  Lots of speed needed here.

I didn't know about the gas! thanks!

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 01:09:03 pm »
So far I'm liking the shotguns and buzzsaw.  My Scarab build gets spikes under the opponent almost every time,  and lifts them into the buzzsaw mounted in the front centre of the cab. On the sides of the cab I run a pair of shotguns and they wreck the upturned opponent.  For a 3000 powerscore it was dominating last night.

@Player One....  I'm fairly sure I saw you on last night.

I'm Jackal-44 on PSN

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 10:59:37 am »
I've been playing quite a lot since the last post,  but don't have a ton of parts to show for it unfortunately.  It's been a bit grindy for me,  but the patch added the Brawl battle and it opens a lot of EP.  I have a couple good builds for the limited parts I have,  but really want tracks and plows. 

I do alright in the market,  but it's hard to know what will sell high in the next few weeks.  Crafting takes a lot of copper and that's what I'm most short on currently.

DaDuke99

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 12:59:36 pm »
I'm late to the party, but started getting into this a bit. I'm only around 2500 powerscore, but all my parts are white with the exception of a blue generator and a gun I think. I rock a van with a cannon hanging out the back... makes for some interesting tactics!