Author Topic: So this will be fun....  (Read 488 times)

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
So this will be fun....
« on: September 21, 2020, 12:00:04 pm »
Let the automatic/manual jokes begin. But, at the end of the day, I got the exact car I would have spec'd new (well I'd rather magma interior, but don't think you could ever spec it that way).

It's well known on here that I don't like autos. In the spring, there was a great deal on an 06 Mustang GT I was going to pull the trigger on. But 3 cars with a 1 car garage at the time, it seemed best to take the loss on the A6 and find the year round car I wanted.

There was a 2015 S4 6MT in Sepang Blue, stage 2 for sale locally. I decided to pick it up and keep it in the garage until the A6 sold. It sold last week, so I finally get to drive the S4, what little I do drive working from home and all. It isn't perfect, AC compressor needs replacing, but otherwise it's well maintaining and in good shape outside of some rock chips.

Being that it's already stage 2, I don't need anymore power. All mods will be for handling or aesthetics:

Strut bar
RSB
Exhaust (full or modded OEM)
Front lip
Hidden hitch for bike rack
New summer 19" wheels and 19" rotors moved to winter duty. Have my eyes on gold or bronze Fast FC04 flow formed, maybe next spring.
Short shifter w/ metal plate & weighted knob
Get my amp and sub installed
Tint

Thanks for looking.

Offline thedude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2002 Toyota Tundra
Re: So this will be fun....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
Glad to see that you finally got the car you've been salivating over the past year or so. Have you had it on a dyno to see how much it's putting down with the stage 2 tune? How many km's are on it, it appears to be in great shape on both the interior and exterior.
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017
2013 SWP Subaru WRX Hatchback - Sold 01/04/2022

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 01:37:01 pm »
Glad to see that you finally got the car you've been salivating over the past year or so. Have you had it on a dyno to see how much it's putting down with the stage 2 tune? How many km's are on it, it appears to be in great shape on both the interior and exterior.

Thanks! Haven't bothered with a dyno. I'd be curious, but not worth paying money to find out lol. Stage 2 SP is advertised as ~450hp (crank I think), and that guestimate is good enough for me. It's plenty quick, haven't even come close to WOT, but I've mainly just been running errands with it as I've been working from home since early March. It's got 95k on it, in great shape minus some rock chips. I'm going to get a good chip kit and if I'm not happy, I'll consider respraying/wrapping the hood.

Offline likeawind

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: HawkEyE
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:43:35 am »
Many Congrats on the new ride man! My buddy picked a 2016 S5 DSG from an Audi dealership in Edmonton for around 40K all in with extended warranty, mileage at 46k km. Time to change your avatar lol, love the color on yours.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:28 pm »
Many Congrats on the new ride man! My buddy picked a 2016 S5 DSG from an Audi dealership in Edmonton for around 40K all in with extended warranty, mileage at 46k km. Time to change your avatar lol, love the color on yours.

Thanks man, the color was the icing on top, so nice not to have a white/black/grey car again. It's like the grown up STi haha. The other day my wife asked if she could drive it home too after picking our daughter up from day home. Didn't get out of 2nd as it's close to home lol, but she wants to give manual another go which is a bonus.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 12:16:56 am »

Grats on the S4!  You should do a baseline run on Sunny's dyno.  It is worth the money to find out. 

Sooo...  Just don't complain about new cars not coming out with manuals.  Electric cars don't come with gearbox anyway...  :'(

uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 11:24:31 pm »
Grats on the S4!  You should do a baseline run on Sunny's dyno.  It is worth the money to find out. 

Sooo...  Just don't complain about new cars not coming out with manuals.  Electric cars don't come with gearbox anyway...  :'(
Thanks, in the end it worked out so I'm happy. It would be neat to know whp, but honestly it doesn't really matter to me. I don't need bragging rights, and I'd rather use that money for other car parts.

I'll always complain about lack of manuals lol. Wagons too! Didn't you see the EV Mustang with a manual? Haha no consumer EV will ever have one though.

This will keep me happy for a while. Really hoping in a few years we see an STi wagon/STi Levorg. If they upgrade the interior like the new Legacy's, that would be an awesome car.